Bangladesh Australia Puja Association (Canberra) Incorporated is an organization of Bangladeshi Hindu community in Canberra, Australia. Bangladesh Australia Puja Association is a non-political, not-for-profit and mostly volunteer based community organization. The organization was established in 2005 under the name of ‘Bangladesh Puja Celebration Committee (BPCC)’, and in 2016, it has registered as ‘Bangladesh Australia Puja Association (Canberra) Incorporated’.
The principal objective of the organization is to organize the annual festival of Durga Puja and Saraswati Puja. In addition to this when possible, according to choice of members, the organization celebrates other Puja festivals or related events. The activities of the organization also revolve around the aim in introducing Bangladeshi Hindu culture to new generation of Bangladeshi-Australians.
General missions of Bangladesh Australia Puja Association:
- live in peace and harmony with all
- practice, preserve and promote respect for all, dignity, no hatred but tolerance, ahimsa (non-violence)
- ensure the character of a non-political and a not-for-profit organization
- promote rich Bangladeshi and Bengali culture and heritage
- promote fellowship among Bangladeshi communities in Australia and overseas
- engage with other similar organizations to promote understanding of the main objectives and make cultural bridge between the Bangladeshi and wider Australian community, etc.
President: Tapan Kundu
Secretary: Ashis Dey, PhD
Treasurer: Avijit Sircar
Members: Debesh Halder, Mita Dey, Rajib Paul