Bangladesh Football Association UK
Bangladesh Football Association UK (BFA UK) was set up in 1996 as the coordinating body for grassroots football (soccer) in Tower Hamlets, London. It is a registered charity and its object is to improve the lives of young people through sport. It is both a front-line and umbrella organization and represents 40 adult and 24 youth football teams from Tower Hamlets and neighboring boroughs. BFA organizes football leagues and tournaments for the local community at local, regional and national level. It supports member teams with capacity building to enable them to develop and provide better services to their users.
In 2102, Bangladesh Football Association UK launched The Sporting Bengal Football Academy to produce first class football professional footballers from Bangladeshi community.
- Tailored range of activities and services to support young people particularly targeting those involved in gangs or at risk of getting involved, individuals not in education, employment or training (NEET), those involved in anti-social behavior and drug or alcohol abuse; and, those at risk of social exclusion for any other reason
- Community engagement activities that enable local residents to develop cohesion and resilience; and economic engagement projects that provide the first steps towards accessing specialist employment training, education and employment opportunities for residents identified as furthest away from employment
- Activities to support front-line voluntary and community organizations in the provision of high quality services for the local community through training or one-to-one advice that enables local voluntary and community groups to improve their organizational governance and sustainability
- Community led services, which increase participation and engagement and foster excellence in cultural activities, sport and physical recreation, parks and open spaces, and arts
- Range of activities designed to support the development, capacity building and sustainability of the organisation and to assist with the delivery of key services and initiatives