Bangladesh Agricultural University Alumni Association of USA
Bangladesh Agricultural University Alumni Association of USA, Inc. (BAU Alumni Association 0f USA) is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious voluntary organization of professionals of agricultural sciences and technology from Bangladeshi origin and living in the USA. Its members are usually graduates from Bangladesh agricultural university having Bachelor degree in any of the six disciplines of Agricultural studies. It was established in 2011 in New York. Members of the organization are known as Krishibid (Agriculturist). Activities include picnic, cultural events, family reunion, Bangladeshi national and cultural event celebration.
Following are the goals of Bangladesh Agricultural University Alumni Association of USA:
- To build and maintain relations with other agricultural and related professionals associations in America and Bangladesh.
- To support the profession of agriculture in Bangladesh and in America.
- To support and encourage the development of agricultural sciences & related educational matters in Bangladesh.
- To develop and conduct programs for maintaining and improving the professional standard of the members of the association.
- To promote welfare fund for emergency help to members’ family in case of need.
- To protect the professional interests of members of the association.
- To organize cultural, social and educations programs to enhance the friendly relationship cooperation among the member families.
- To protect the national interest of our home country Bangladesh and promote cooperation in all possible areas for greater interest of both USA and Bangladesh.
President: Kazi G. Mostafa
General Secretary: Ashraf Ullah Bhuiyan