- This event has passed.
Chittagong Association of North America Election
April 2, 2017
Election of Chittagong Association of North America will be held on April 2, 2017. Twenty-one members will be elected to run the organization for 2017-2018. Only the members of Chittagong Association of North America will be able to vote. The election will be conducted by selected election commissioners. Nomination package fee $35. Some of the rules are:
- Voters must be enlisted on the authorized voter list to vote.
- Valid ID (DL, Green card, passport) required to vote.
- Candidates can compete for each position only.
- Secret ballot system in front of presiding officers.
- Voters must present in person to vote.
- Panel based or individual candidacy is allowed.
- Candidates can not use any symbols, just their own picture.
- Candidates can nominate agent to observe voting centers.
- No noisy illegal campaign, leaflet/flyer distribution near 100 yards of the voting centers.
- Election commission has the final decision about any and all election related matters.
- Result of the election will be published on Association notice board and NYC Bangladeshi newspapers.
- Any challenge to final election result must be presented to election commission within 48 hours by the candidate.
- Vote recount fee:
vote number 1000 and up > $3,500
vote number 500-1000 > $3,000
vote number 1-499 > $2,500
Nomination Package Distribution: Feb 11 & 12, 2017, 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Nomination Submission: Feb 25 & 26, 2017, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Nomination Selection: Feb 28, 2017, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Nomination Withdraw: March 4, 2017, until 4:00 pm
Final Nomination Announcement: March 5, 2017 @ 6:00 pm
Election Date: April 2, 2017, 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
|Joint General Secretary||1||$1,050|
|Asst General Secretary||1||$950|
|Education & Cultural Secretary||1||$700|
|Social Welfare Secretary||1||$700|
Brooklyn: PS 179, 202 Avenue C, Brooklyn, NY 11218
Queens: PS 69, 77-02 37th Ave, Jackson Heights, NY 11372
Connecticut: Amsterdam Hotel, 19 Clarks Hill Ave, Stamford, CT 06902
South Jersey: Gagan Palace Restaurant, 33 S White Horse Pike, Stratford, NJ 08084
Life members can vote any voting location showing their Association ID
Kazi Kharul Bashar, 718-200-7373
Maksudul Haque Chowdhury, 917-854-4144
Ruhul Amin Hossain, 718-820-6192
Monirul Islam, 646-641-8948
Mizanur Rahman Jahangir, 917-583-7060