Bengal Foods Pty Ltd.
Bengal Foods Pty Ltd. is located in Melbourne, Australia. It is a Bangladeshi business venture. Being established in 2001, Bengal Traders-Halal Super Market is the first one stop halal grocery shop in Melbourne, Australia serving predominantly Bangladeshi community. Since then it has transformed to be an iconic grocery store in Melbourne serving not only Bangladeshis but also people from all walks of life including India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Africa and other Middle Eastern countries. It has become a hub for exotic foods for multinational immigrants ensuring cheaper price at the best quality. We have also become a major importer of many exotic foods and items below including but not limited to:
- Variety of Bangladeshi/Burmese frozen and dry fish
- Patali Gur, Kalijeera rice, Kashondi, Pickles
- Bangladeshi frozen vegetables
- Shingara, Samucha, Spring Roll, Alu Chop, Paratha, etc.
- Muri, Chanachur, Toast, Dry cake
- Bangladeshi sweets including Rosh Malai, Roshogolla, Golapjamon, etc.
- Spices including Chotpoti doubli, Halim mix, Roast, Rejala
- Cooking utensils and crockery including Pressure Cooker, Tawa, Korai, Hot Pot, Pata Puta, Pira Baloon, Da, Boti, Narikel Kurani, etc.
- Other exotic speciality items include Sholar Jaru, Full Jaru, Bodna, Lungi, Gamcha, etc.
- Thai soup, Chicken soup, etc.
- Wide range of Islamic items including Holy Quran including translations in native languages, Islamic books, Hijab, Quran reading stand, etc.
Since the humble beginning in 2001, with the community support and patronage, Bengal traders has grown significantly over the years with current annual turnover of close to a million dollars, transformed into a company Bengal Foods Pty Ltd in 2007 to cater for wholesale as well as retail serving as Bengal Traders- Halal Super Market.